Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Unexpected Purchases

I had dinner with SEV last night and told her about my lip debacle. How, I asked her, could I find just the right lip color. Let me tell you a little story.

SEV is not the most makeup obsessed. She uses very basic makeup, but it certainly works on her. Upon walking through Bloomingdale's one day, she came upon a very interesting free gift set that was being offered by Clinique. But she had to purchase a certain amount of products before she could get the free gift. As she browsed through their products, SEV was kind of discouraged because she didn't specifically need anything.. you never really do if you're browsing. She really wanted this bag of free goodies, which she tells me she really only uses the cosmetic bag the most.

So she took one for the team and bought two products. One was a Brush-On Cream Liner that she now swears by. And the other was a Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss. She loves this as well and got me to try it last night. I'd like to keep checking out the products but I did, in fact, like this one. It wasn't as sticky as most glosses and I didn't really feel like I had anything on my lips. I think this is because it was a balm.

A few things come out of this blog and my dinner with SEV:
1. You can really find some great products when you least expect it.
2. I'm on my way in the hunt to find the perfect lip gloss.
3. Free things are always a plus (remember what I said about samples).
4. Talking about your problems with your friends will often help you find a solution.
5. Browsing may sometimes have you spending money you didn't expect, but it can and will make you happy!

-A

Photo: NeimanMarcus.com

No comments: