Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

I made extra sure this morning to apply my Too Faced Mineral Water Eye Brightening Pencil.

I didn't get enough sleep last night. That's what a night out on the town on a Tuesday night will do to you when you're no longer in college. I need my beauty sleep! I know everyone talks about beauty sleep but what is this phenomena?

Basically the phrase is completely true. If you get enough sleep at night (I like to say seven to eight hours is perfect) then you'll look rejuvenated and refreshed in the morning. If you haven't slept much then you will certainly look it, no matter how much makeup you put on. Remember, makeup is used to enhance and not specifically to hide (except in the case of concealer for those nasty zits!).

Even though I put on my Too Faced Eye Brightener this morning, I felt like my eyes were the size of golf balls, protruding out of my head all day. I was told I didn't look like that, but I guess that's the miracle of a good product. And you'd think that I'd make sure my hair was perfect to counter this interesting face today. But no, the hair is semi-up, which really doesn't work so well with a short bob.

I will certainly be getting my beauty sleep tonight. And it may not be as many hours as, say, Sleeping Beauty, but if you think about it that princess must have had a sad-looking face...

-A

Photo: Nordstrom.com

No comments: