Wednesday, June 18, 2008

shu uemura or M.A.C.?

What's in an eyelash curler? And why do we use them? How can you choose just the right one? shu uemura and MAC both make eyelash curlers, so which do we pick? They look exactly the same at first glance, but is there any difference?

We don't think so. You can see that they are both the same exact color, the same exact weight, and they move in the same way. The only difference we can see is price-wise. MAC makes their eyelash curler for $14, sold at all department stores that carry MAC, as well as MAC retail stores and MACcosmetics.com. The shu uemura eyelash curler is $19, sold at Sephora and other major department stores. We can't say we believe all the hype over the shu uemura eyelash curler, as it seems as if they are exactly the same, with different labels. 

As for usage, both work very well and create a full set of eyelashes. But it's also important to use the right kind of mascara, while you're at it. Check out our future blog posts and see which mascaras are the best, according to MLA. You may be surprised at the full lashes you'll get for your next big night out on the town!

Photo: shu uemura (left) and MAC (right)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm far from make-up obsessed. On a daily basis I prefer the bare minimum. However, the one thing I can't live without is my shu uemura eyelash curler. I won't leave the house without curling my eyelashes with this tool. It makes me look wide away even when I'm dead tired. The curl lasts literally ALL day long. They usually stay curled until I wash my face for bed at night. I don't even wear mascara. Just curl and run!