Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bronzing for Summer

Since summer will officially begin this weekend on the calendar, it's certainly important to protect your skin. So it makes sense that I was totally pumped last week when I saw an ad for my fave Stila moisturizer. They've updated it to have an SPF 30 formula!

Let me just preface this by saying I tend to have the oiliest skin of anyone I know (besides my mother). I once went to get my makeup done at Smashbox in Nordstrom and the cosmetologist there told me that it's super important to use a moisturizer no matter what. If you have oily skin and you aren't using a moisturizer, your skin will tend to overcompensate and produce even more oil than normal. Some oil is natural, but you don't want to be able to fry an egg on your face! (Ick!)

I found Stila's Sheer Tinted Moisturizer last year in a group of samples I got from an order with Sephora. I absolutely loved it because a) it is tinted, b) it has SPF 15 in it, and c) it is oil free (a must to protect acne-prone skin). I like being able to put an SPF on every day even though I may not be basking in the glorious sun. I immediately picked it up and have been using it for six months now. When I saw the SPF 30 version I was excited because I know that I'll get even better protection for my face, while having that slight summer glisten. It's just perfect - light and bright. And with the SPF 30 you can pick from even more shades than just light, medium, and dark.

So check out Stila's Sheer Tinted Moisturizer to treat your skin well, protect your face, and get bronzed.

-A

Photo: Sephora.com

No comments: