Friday, June 27, 2008

Lip Smacking

I hate putting anything on my lips. I used to put some glosses on but I really hate how sticky they leave my lips. And if it's windy, my hair tends to blow into my face and get stuck on my lips - so horrible!!

I've tried everything - sticks, glosses, and even lip crayons. I've done everything from Prescriptives to Dior to even Victoria's Secret. Nothing works right. My latest try was with a Bobbi Brown lip crayon. My lips did not look nice, especially because I think the color was just all wrong too (because I refuse to believe it was the Bobbi Brown product that was wrong, specifically because my mom loves how long-lasting that pencil is on her). But I also think that I have become accustomed to a nude lip - and I like it. Colors just make me feel like I'm wearing a mask and, as I've mentioned before, makeup is not a mask!

Last night, I received an order I had placed with Prescriptives. They sent me a free lipstick and of course I tried it out. The color wasn't bad at all.. in the tube. Once I put it on, I felt like I was back in my dance recitals (making me nostalgic of course). But I felt like I needed a side ponytail and to be jolted back to the late 80s/early 90s. Not good for me.

So what to do? I agree that lip color helps finish off a look, but it's certainly so important to get it right. I unfortunately don't have a tip for you makeup lovers out there, but hopefully I'll find something soon that will help you end the search for the perfect lip color!

Until then, I remain, your makeup-loving, bare-lipped guru,
A

Photo: Sephora.com

No comments: