Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Brighten Dark Circles

Waking up with raccoon eyes is one thing, but keeping those puppies all day is certainly another. You try and you try, but you just can't seem to get a bright face. That's because you're not using the right product to rid yourself of those dreaded dark circles under your eyes.

Well if anyone out there has the problem of dark circles under your eyes like I do, then you will appreciate this. I have been on the hunt for a while for the perfect concealer and I have encountered experiences with so many unpleasant products. I figured this would be useful information to you, makeup lovers, because this way, unlike me, maybe you will not have to shell out all the cash to find your perfect match.

I had read good things about the Benefit Cosmetics BOI-ING concealer so I figured I would give it a whirl. I had heard it was absolutely amazing, but I must say I was not happy at all. It left my eyes looking like I had caked on the product, as if I had no makeup experience whatsoever. It was not a very blendable product and overall it made me look like I had way too much makeup on.

Next I tried Stila's perfecting concealer and once again I was disappointed. This formula, too, was very thick and left my face looking cakey and unnatural. Needless to say I was getting upset and losing money. So I decided to turn to my favorite brand, as you know, MAC. How could I lose with a brand that had never let me down?! I tried their Studio Finish Concealer and much to my dismay I was again disappointed. Now I was down about $45 and still had no concealer.

I finally decided to try my luck in the drugstore. I purchased L'Oreal Paris True Match concealer and FINALLY I had found it - the perfect concealing formula that left my dark circles covered and made me a very happy girl. My point here is that you don't need to break the bank for the perfect concealer.

An Extra Expert Tip: As you know from previous posts, we MLA gals are very obsessed with priming and this is no exception when it comes to concealing. So after you've covered up your dark circles with L'Oreal's concealer, try out my personal favorite - SMASHBOX PHOTO OP under eye brightener. I promise, you will not be disappointed.

-S

No comments: