Friday, August 29, 2008

A Natural Low-Key Day

One of the first thoughts I had this morning was "I don't want to wear makeup today." Gasp! I don't leave the house without makeup - what could I be thinking!

At the dawn of a long weekend, I just didn't want to deal with it. I'm so tired and need this long weekend so badly! But I needed to push through and look presentable. After all, I wasn't going to be hanging around in my pajamas all day catching up on Season 1 of Gossip Girl (though that is very appealing to me).

I decided to go with my initial instincts. My makeup routine for today was very minimal. I used a sample of Dior moisturizer (because why not try something new?), Benefit BADgal Blue mascara, MAC's hyacinth eyeliner, and my bronzer and blush. I didn't even use eyeshadow! However, I supplemented that fact and the minimal makeup decision by using different colors to spice up my eyes a bit.

I feel very liberated today, which is interesting. I will certainly return to my regular routine tomorrow for sure, but for today I'm keeping it low key with just a dash of spice.

-A

No comments: