Monday, August 11, 2008

Get the Look: My Mom

My mom was going out to a barbecue on Saturday and wanted me to do her makeup for her. Of course I did so -- I love doing makeup!

Since it was an outdoor event during the day, I didn't want to give her anything too crazy and definitely nothing too heavy for her face. When she was there, her friend was in love with her makeup. When my mom told her I had done it for her she said that she wanted to know if I'd do her makeup for her son's wedding. At first I thought this was a joke -- I didn't really do anything too crazy to my mom's face. But when I realized she was serious I was ready for the job. We'll see how it goes.

As for the look - here's what I did:
1. I had my mom apply all of her natural face products - moisturizer, primer, oil control lotion.
2. I primed her eyes with Urban Decay Magic Potion.
3. Her shadow was MAC's Ricepaper as the base and a shade like MAC's Juiced or Goldmine in the corner, as a darker contrast (the one I used has been discontinued).
4. I lined her top and bottom lids with her Cover Girl liner in black.
5. I used her shu uemura curler, Prescriptives primer, Clinique High Definition Lashes, and Bourjois Yes to Volume! No to Clumps! Mascara.
6. We finished the look off with Clinique bronzer and Clinique blush.

Apparently it was a success. A subtle look for the afternoon that had her batting her lashes and finding me some new projects!

-A

No comments: