Tuesday, October 14, 2008

REVIEW: Smashbox On in 5

Alright. I'm here to tell you about my Smashbox On in 5 kit. It came so incredibly quickly! I placed the order on Tuesday afternoon and my package was waiting for me on Friday when I got home from work. And it came via USPS - nice work Ulta.com!!

As for the kit. I'm in love with pretty much everything. Here's the breakdown:

• Photo Finish Primer SPF 15 with Dermexyl Complex - first of all, I love that the primer has SPF in it. I cannot say enough good things about having SPF in your face products because it's so important to protect that sensitive area of your body. I, at one time, had the Photo Finish Correcting primer. It's the green one. I liked it but got tired of it after a while. But this is slightly different. It is such a light product. I can barely feel it on my face. It's just so nice to not feel like I have at least six different products on my face. I think it works very well.

• Bionic Mascara in Jet Black - I love mascara, as you may have guessed. However, I think this Smashbox mascara is average. I wouldn't say it blew me away or that it's the worst one I've ever tried, but it's definitely good to use once in a while or for daily, neutral wear.

• NEW! Cream eyeliner Pencil in Midnight Brown - I have yet to try the pencil. I'm not sure about the "cream" part, but I'm willing to give it a shot of course!

• Photo Op Under Eye Brightener - when you say "eye brightener" to me, I somehow think I'm going to instantly appear awakened. I don't have a problem to begin with with dark circles, but my eyes are probably around the same after I applied the product. I'll continue to use it and will need to monitor the difference over time.

• Lip Enhancing Gloss in Illumene - gloss is a sticky subject for me. And this is a typical gloss. However, I do like the light, natural color. This is great if I'm really exaggerating my eyes. Dark eyes and subtle lips often work well to balance your look out.

• NEW! Fusion Eye & Cheek color in On In 5 - here, I'm a little confused. This palette is for eyes and cheeks. But I'm not sure that I'd use this on my cheeks. I like a more pigmented, universal hue. But for eyes, it works on a daily basis or just for a typical, natural look.

All in all, I do think this Smashbox kit is worth the money. And if you need basic products, they are all in this kit. Really, you can complete your entire natural look in this little box. Nice work!!

-A

No comments: