Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Exceptional Chanel

I'd like to continue today's mascara theme by talking a little bit about my trials as of late. Like S, I love to find a new mascara that will enhance my lashes to the fullest extent. With that in mind, I finally got to try out Chanel Exceptionnel. I had heard mixed reviews on the product - that it flaked; that it was too difficult to use; that it wasn't worth the money. But I would have to give this Chanel mascara two thumbs up!

OK, so Chanel Exceptionnel is not your typical mascara. It has an interesting brush - one that will not allow for smooth application if not used correctly. You cannot apply it like you would any other mascara - carefully wiggling from root to tip. Instead, you must use it in circular motions, rolling it outward from the root until you get to the tip. Chanel has a nice demo on their website in order to help you get the best usage out of this new mascara product.

It's not very difficult to learn how to use Chanel Exceptionnel. It works so well once you get the hang of it because it's like you are applying mascara, while curling your lashes at the same time. I find the result to be full, long, non-clumpy lashes that are sure to brighten anyone's face. It's an absolute must to try out. It is a little pricey at $28, so see if you can score yourself a sample - that's how I did it. I got a card in the mail from Macy's and brought it by the Chanel counter. Otherwise, if you can spend a few extra dollars on a good product, I'd suggest going straight for it and checking out why Chanel Exceptionnel is so exceptional.

-A

No comments: