Monday, September 8, 2008

Vampy Lips for Fall

Since Fall is coming and dark is in, I'm wondering what to do with my lips. I keep seeing black lips, which I think is way too dark. So what to do?

I'm still in the I'll-only-wear-Softlips phase and I'm not sure how dark dark gloss will look on me. I have Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect by Dior in color 817, which is a dark brown. I came upon it last year and loved the color on me, but only after I blotted once to lighten it up a bit. I occasionally wear this when I'm going to be a bit more formal and need color in my face. Will this be my new Fall gloss for vampy lips?

I don't think I'll ever be able to pull off a noir look on my lips. Let's face it, I'm pretty fair-skinned so I think that such a dark lip would make me look slightly goth and that's not actually a look I like to go for.

If you want to go for something trendy, go for something that will supplement your skin tone. Perhaps go a shade darker than you would normally go, rather than trying the extreme. It will still have an effect on you, without making you look like you're trying to start Halloween a bit prematurely.

Tip: Check out Smashbox's Wicked Lovely collection this Fall for a dark palette, seen above.

-A

No comments: