Friday, September 5, 2008

Shiny and Long-Lasting

My mom had told me about Sephora by OPI. I was a little skeptical at first because I prefer Essie over OPI, but I thought that any Sephora product deserves a chance. While in Sephora last week, we decided to buy a bottle. It advertises a chip-resistant polished look. Now, we can't always believe what we read because how many nail polishes are there out there that actually work like that?! Well let me tell you a little story.

Last Saturday I was getting ready to go to a family BBQ. My nails were an absolute disaster, but I needed to shower, get ready, and clean my room. I had to at least take the old polish off and maybe put on a base coat to keep my nails strong and neat. Well at the last minute, as I was waiting to leave and had maybe just five to seven minutes left, I decided to start polishing my nails. I used the base coat and polish, both by Sephora by OPI and Out the Door's top coat (old faithful, let's call it).

Now, I did this ever so quickly, as I was being rushed out of the house, but I somehow got all four coats on in that short period of time (two of the Sephora by OPI in Can U Keep a Secret? - a light, natural color). I sprayed on some finishing spray and left the house.

I was very careful in the car and as I moved around, to ensure that my polish wouldn't get messed up. But what was great was that it stayed shiny even after it dried, which was fairly quickly - maybe it was fully dried in 30 minutes, I'd say.

It's been almost a week now and, still, no chipping!! It's also still extremely shiny. I'm so excited. I'm going to go back and pick up another bottle of a darker color, maybe something vampy for the Fall!! Can't wait!!

-A

No comments: