Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Not So Blush

Being the makeup-obsessed lover that I am, I of course had to sneak a peek at the new Lifetime reality show, Blush. I hadn't heard much buzz around it - in fact, I missed the first episode. Had it not been for @ElkeVonF, I would have probably let the show go under the radar. She had said that she wasn't too thrilled with the work they did on the show and I definitely need to agree.

Now, I'm no professional, but I just think the work they were doing on the show was so boring or way too over-the-top. Their first challenge was to use a bunch of food products as makeup for the models' faces. I guess they did their best - who knows what I would've done with the products myself - but for professional makeup artists (some are amateurs, however), I don't know how they are where they are.

Of course we have the diva attitudes and crazy personalities. One guy is just ridiculous and of course he was saved from elimination the first day. Now, if you were saved from elimination and were mostly praised by the judges for your work on your first task, wouldn't you just keep quiet? It seems that he has some sort of issue with himself or his work or with being with other people. He has his guard up and it's quite annoying. He may be doing an OK job, but he needs to get out of there.

I do not know what happened after that premiere episode. Despite watching it on demand, I didn't feel compelled enough to watch the second episode. This is one reality competition show that I'll sadly have to pass on. They still need to learn a few things for sure, but this makeup lover is definitely gonna stick to working my own mascara and blush.

-A

1 comment:

Princesa said...

nice blog :). i really want to see that show but i guess i'll have to wait ages before they air it in my country :P.